Linda S. Powers
Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Thomas R. Brown Endowed Chair of Biomedical Engineering
Professor of Biomedical Engineering
- PhD: biophysics, Harvard University, 1976
- MS: physics, Harvard University, 1972
- BS: physics, Chemistry, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1970
- The Challenge of Biological Membranes: The Ultimate in Microelectronics, Physics Today, Issue #32 , by B. Chance, P. Mueller, D. DeVault, L. Powers (American Institute of Physics, 1980).
- X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy: Application to Biological Molecules, Biochim. Biophys. Acta 683, 1 , by L.S. Powers (Elsevier, 1982).
- X-Ray Absorption Spectroscopy: An Overview, Proceedings of the Satellite Meeting on New Methods in X-Ray Absorption, Scattering, Diffraction 3 , by L.S. Powers (Academic Press,1986).
- Noise Characteristics of U. S. Synchrotron Sources, Rev. Sci. Instrum. 257, 3024 , by L.S. Powers (American Institute of Physics, 1986).
- L. Powers: Biomolecular Materials and Design, in Molecular Electronics and Molecular Electronic Devices, 3, 211, by L.S. Powers (CRC Press, 1994).
- Extended X-Ray Absorption Fluorescence Spectroscopy (EXAFS), 866; Ferritins, Iron-Binding Proteins, 905; Iron Response Elements: Metalloproteins, 1315; Metallothionein, 1476; Zinc-Binding Proteins, 1478, in Encyclopedia of Molecular Biology, by L.S. Powers. T.E. Creighton, Editor (John Wiley & Sons, 1999).
- A Beacon for Creativity and Innovation – Britton Chance, Life and Works of Britton Chance, by L.S. Powers (http://www.med.upenn.edu/biocbiop/chance/ , 2011).
High-speed data aquisition systems, spectroscopy instrumentation, medical diagnostics and environment monitoring