Ivan B. Djordjevic
Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Professor of Optical Sciences
UA 1885 Society Distinguished Scholar
Ivan B. Djordjevic is a professor of electrical and computer engineering and optical sciences; director of the Optical Communications Systems Laboratory and the Quantum Communications Laboratory; and co-director of the Signal Processing and Coding Lab. He is a fellow of the Optical Society and an IEEE senior member.
Djordjevic has authored or co-authored six books and more than 460 journal and conference publications. He presently serves as a senior editor and member of editorial board of IEEE Communications Letters, IOP Journal of Optics, Elsevier Physical Communication Journal and Frequenz.
As of 2017, he holds 43 U.S. patents.
Prior to joining the University of Arizona, he held appointments at University of the West of England, University of Bristol, Tyco Telecommunications, National Technical University of Athens in Greece, and the State Telecommunication Company in Yugoslavia.
- PhD: electrical engineering, University of Nis, Serbia, 1999
- MS: electrical engineering, University of Nis, Serbia, 1997
- BS: electrical engineering, University of Nis, Serbia, 1994
Quantum information processing and error correction, wireless communication, advanced optical communications, digital communications, channel coding, and free-space optical communications
Optical communications and networks, error control coding, coded modulation, turbo equalization, Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM), Quantum Key Distribution (QKD), quantum information processing, quantum error correction, and quantum biology
- Djordjevic, I.B. Advanced Optical and Wireless Communications. Springer, 2017.
- Djordjevic, I.B. Quantum Biological Information Theory. Springer, 2015.
- Cvijetic, M. and I. B. Djordjevic. Advanced Optical Communication Systems and Networks. Artech House, 2013.
- Djordjevic, I.B. Quantum Information Processing and Quantum Error Correction: An Engineering Approach. Academic Press, 2012.
- Djordjevic, I.B. with W. Ryan and B. Vasic. Coding for Optical Channels. Springer, 2010.
- Shieh, W. and I. Djordjevic. OFDM for Optical Communications. Elsevier/Academic Press. 2009.