Ivan B. Djordjevic
Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Professor of Optical Sciences
UA 1885 Society Distinguished Scholar
Craig M Berge Faculty Fellow
Ivan B. Djordjevic is a professor of electrical and computer engineering and optical sciences, director of the Optical Communications Systems Laboratory and the Quantum Communications Laboratory, and co-director of the Signal Processing and Coding Lab. He is a fellow of IEEE and Optica (formerly OSA).
Djordjevic has authored or co-authored 11 books and more than 570 journal and conference publications. Djordjevic is presently an editor/associate editor/member of the editorial board for the following journals: IEEE Transactions on Communications, Optical and Quantum Electronics, and Frequenz. He was an associate editor for Optica/IEEE Journal of Optical Communications and Networking from 2019 to 2022. Djordjevic was an editor/senior editor/area editor of IEEE Communications Letters from 2012 to 2021. He served as editorial board member/associate editor for IOP Journal of Optics and Elsevier Physical Communication Journal both from to 2016 to 2021.
As of July 2022, he holds 54 U.S. patents.
Prior to joining the University of Arizona, he held appointments at the University of the West of England and the University of Bristol in the United Kingdom, Tyco Telecommunications in the U.S., National Technical University of Athens in Greece, and the State Telecommunication Co. in Yugoslavia.
- PhD: electrical engineering, University of Nis, Yugoslavia, 1999
- MS: electrical engineering, University of Nis, Yugoslavia, 1997
- BS: electrical engineering, University of Nis, Yugoslavia, 1994
Quantum information processing and error correction, wireless communication, physical-layer security, quantum key distribution, quantum communications, quantum networks, quantum sensing, quantum machine learning, advanced optical communications, digital communications, channel coding, and free-space optical communications.
Optical communications and networks, quantum communications, quantum networks, quantum sensing, error control coding, coded modulation, turbo equalization, orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM), quantum key distribution (QKD), quantum information processing, quantum error correction, and quantum biology.
Textbooks/Most Significant Publications
- Djordjevic, I. B. Advanced Optical and Wireless Communications Systems, 2nd Edition. Springer Nature Switzerland AG, Switzerland, July 2022.
- Djordjevic, I. B. Quantum Communication, Quantum Networks, and Quantum Sensing. Elsevier/Academic Press, July 2022.
- Djordjevic, I. B. Quantum Information Processing, Quantum Computing, and Quantum Error Correction, 2nd Edition. Elsevier/Academic Press, Feb. 2021.
- Djordjevic, I.B. Physical-Layer Security and Quantum Key Distribution. Springer, 2019.
- Djordjevic, I.B. Advanced Optical and Wireless Communications. Springer, 2017.
- Djordjevic, I.B. Quantum Biological Information Theory. Springer, 2015.
- Cvijetic, M. and I. B. Djordjevic. Advanced Optical Communication Systems and Networks. Artech House, 2013.
- Djordjevic, I.B. Quantum Information Processing and Quantum Error Correction: An Engineering Approach. Academic Press, 2012.
- Djordjevic, I.B. with W. Ryan and B. Vasic. Coding for Optical Channels. Springer, 2010.
- Shieh, W. and I. Djordjevic. OFDM for Optical Communications. Elsevier/Academic Press. 2009.