Ivan B. Djordjevic
Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Professor of Optical Sciences
UA 1885 Society Distinguished Scholar
Ivan B. Djordjevic is a professor of electrical and computer engineering and optical sciences, director of the Optical Communications Systems Laboratory and the Quantum Communications Laboratory, and co-director of the Signal Processing and Coding Lab. He is a fellow of IEEE and the Optical Society.
Djordjevic has authored or co-authored seven books and more than 520 journal and conference publications. He presently serves as a senior editor and member of editorial board of the OSA/IEEE Journal of Optical Communications and Networking; the IOP Journal of Optics; IEEE Communications Letters; the Elsevier Physical Communication Journal, or PHYCOM; Optical and Quantum Electronics; and Frequenz.
As of November 2019, he holds 50 U.S. patents.
Prior to joining the University of Arizona, he held appointments at the University of the West of England and the University of Bristol in the United Kingdom, Tyco Telecommunications in the U.S., National Technical University of Athens in Greece, and the State Telecommunication Co. in Yugoslavia.
- PhD: electrical engineering, University of Nis, Yugoslavia, 1999
- MS: electrical engineering, University of Nis, Yugoslavia, 1997
- BS: electrical engineering, University of Nis, Yugoslavia, 1994
Quantum information processing and error correction, wireless communication, physical-layer security, quantum key distribution, quantum communications, quantum networks, advanced optical communications, digital communications, channel coding, and free-space optical communications.
Optical communications and networks, error control coding, coded modulation, turbo equalization, orthogonal frequency division multiplexing (OFDM), quantum key distribution (QKD), quantum information processing, quantum error correction, and quantum biology.
- Djordjevic, I.B. Physical-Layer Security and Quantum Key Distribution. Springer, 2019.
- Djordjevic, I.B. Advanced Optical and Wireless Communications. Springer, 2017.
- Djordjevic, I.B. Quantum Biological Information Theory. Springer, 2015.
- Cvijetic, M. and I. B. Djordjevic. Advanced Optical Communication Systems and Networks. Artech House, 2013.
- Djordjevic, I.B. Quantum Information Processing and Quantum Error Correction: An Engineering Approach. Academic Press, 2012.
- Djordjevic, I.B. with W. Ryan and B. Vasic. Coding for Optical Channels. Springer, 2010.
- Shieh, W. and I. Djordjevic. OFDM for Optical Communications. Elsevier/Academic Press. 2009.